Namaste! I spent the first Monday of the year practicing Vinyasa Yoga. It was my first time at Laughing Lotus Yoga Center and I absolutely loved it. Trying out a new yoga class can be intimidating specially if you consider yourself a beginner. I’ve been practicing yoga for about 4 years now, but have tons of growing to do – seriously I’m not as flexible as I can be. This year my goal is to SLOWLY take my practice to the next level. I really want to tackle inversions! I freak out every time I try to do a handstand. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s all mental. During today’s class the instructor spoke about the “law of attraction” and how ultimately we attract what we put our energy in. This message resonated with me as I firmly believe in the law of attraction. Which reminded of a great book I read a few years ago “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success” by Deepak Chopra. I recommend this book to anyone trying to change their mindset or better yet their energy. Below are the seven laws and how you can apply them to your life in 2017!
The law of Pure Potentiality – The source of all creation is pure consciousness..pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest to the manifest. And when we realize that our true self is pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.
(1) Be silent, just to be. Sit alone in silent meditation at least twice a day for approx 30min
(2) Take time to connect with nature. Watch the sunset, or listen to the sound of the ocean.
(3) Practice non judgement. Begin each day by repeating “today I will not judge”
The law of Giving – The universe operates through dynamic exchange .. giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.
(1) Wherever you go, whoever you encounter bring them a gift. The gift may be a compliment, a flower or a prayer.
(2) Receive the gifts that life has to offer such as sunlight or the birds singing.
(3) Make the commitment to keep wealth circulating in your life by giving and receiving lives most precious gifts: caring, affection, appreciation and love.
The law of “Karma” or Cause and Effect – Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind. “What we sow is what we reap” And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.
(1) Witness the choices you make in each moment.
(2) When you make a choice ask yourself “what are the consequences?” Will the choice bring fulfillment and happiness?
(3) Ask your heart for guidance and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort.
The law of Least Effort – Nature’s intelligence functions with effortless ease.. with care-freeness, harmony and love. And when we harness the forces of harmony, joy and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease.
(1) Accept things as they are at the moment, not as you wish they were.
(2) Having accepted things as they are, take responsibility for your situation and for all the events you see as problems.
(3) Try to relinquish the need to defend your opinion or point of view. Practice remaining open-minded.
The law of Intention and Desire – Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment…intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power.
(1) Make a list of all your desires. Carry the list with you everywhere you go. Look at the list before you go into silent meditation, before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning.
(2) Release the list of your desires and surrender to it to the womb of creation, trusting that when things don’t go your way – there is a reason.
(3) Refuse to allow obstacles to consume and dissipate the quality of your attention in the present moment.
The law of detachment In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty.. the wisdom of uncertainty is the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning.
(1) Allow yourself and those people around you the freedom to be as they are.
(2) Factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of your experience.
(3) Remain open to an infinity of choices.
The law of “Dharma” or purpose in life – Everyone has a purpose in life, a unique gift or a special talent to give others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of your own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.
(1) Ask yourself daily “how can I serve?” and “how can I help?”
(2) Make a list of all your unique talents – use those unique talents in servicing humanity.
(3) Pay attention to the spirit within you that animates both the body and mind.